9.16.2007

Making Čokolešnik.

I was told by a friend that Čokolešnik makes a delicious breakfast, so I gave it a shot this morning. I should have realized the instructions were in Slovene - here's my first attempt at making a local favourite:
Bring the milk to a boil.

Pour the milk into a bowl.

Get yer Čokolešnik!

Add two tablespoons to the milk.

Overall, it came out well. Čokolešnik tastes like Cream of Wheat but not as thick and with a healthy dose of chocolate and hazelnuts thrown inside the mix. So, yes, I liked it. However, I have a feeling I may have erred. Maybe it was too runny? Did I boil too much milk?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The propper way to do Čokolešnik is.... well... any way :)

Just add as mzch or as little of ingredients as you like. I like(d) mine sticky to the point of using it as mortar, but I know people who like it runny as a soup.

Jay said...

Huh, that's interesting. Mine was runny but it was still delicious. The instructions on the box were in Slovenian, so I had to wing it.

Iva said...

heeeeeeello from vancouver, the last day in heaven! :D i adore the thought of you getting acquainted with cokolesnik. as pengovsky said, mix n match in any ratio you want, i used to do mine thick&chunky as a brick :) i'm coming back on sunday afternoon - cant wait to see you again tho!

Jay said...

Iva: It'll be great to see you again! However, my mobile is out of commission until Monday, so find me on MSN or something.