3.23.2007

Exciting things on the horizon

On Wednesday night I'll be on the overnight train to Beograd. Thursday or Friday I have an interview with an amazing writer whose work has long been an inspiration to me. I sent the person an email and they responded within 12 hours, telling me they'd be in town for two weeks and would be pleased to meet with me. I figured this person would be approachable, but I had no idea that they'd be able to fit me in to their incredibly busy schedule. I am being a little cagey here, I don't want to say too much. You know, chickens before they hatch and all that.

If all goes well, I will also be meeting with artists and activists in and around the capital for my feature on Serbia. The projects I'm working on are class assignments (literary journalism) for now, but I'm hoping to pitch them to outlets in Canada. One of my classmates in Theory class is involved with Albanian, Serbian and Kosovar indie media projects and is going to meet with me to exchange contacts and info for the upcoming trip. I love it when a plan comes together.

No comments: